Befrienders - tackle social isolation by meeting up regularly with someone to provide support and companionship.
Social buddies - help people with learning disabilities be more socially included by accompanying people in group trips out to sporting events, club nights, museums and more.
Volunteer support workers - support training sessions and other activities at our training centres and out in the community.
Corporate volunteers - join us for one-off volunteering opportunities, our garden site is especially popular with companies sending small groups of volunteers to work outdoors. Call 0207 924 2949 to enquire.
Trustees - what's it like to be a trustee at Share?
We previously received a Best Practice in volunteering award from Lifetimes, an organisation that supports voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth. They were particulary impressed by the support, training, recognition and reward that we give to our volunteers and that we recruited people with additional support needs and those from marginalised backgrounds.
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support and training from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- A reference for your time with us
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within zone 1 - 6
- Free lunch in our canteen or £5 towards lunch outside of Share (if volunteering for more than 4 hours a day)
- Invitations to all our events, such as our garden parties, away days, Christmas parties and our student awards ceremony
- The opportunity to have your say in our annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and become part of a community
Please take a look at our volunteer policy.
If you'd like to have a chat first about how you could get involved:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 020 7924 2949
What do our past and current volunteers have to say about us?
'It gave me immense satisfaction giving up my time to help those who appreciated my small contribution. I would like to think that if anyone had time to spare, they should volunteer with a very worthy charity like yours.'
'I love volunteering at Share and being part of a lovely team. Working at Share has given me lots of opportunities to learn and also to share my experience and hopefully make a real difference to the charity's work and goals.'
'Share has a friendly and fun atmosphere. Everyone is polite and helpful. Very rewarding.'
'I very much enjoyed the experience and loved meeting and spending time with all the people at Share. You all do excellent work and it's really been an honour and privilege to be part of it.'