The vaccine is only available from the NHS and is being offered to people in priority groups. Vaccination is free and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn.
To protect yourself from fraud and criminals please note that the NHS will never ask you to press buttons on your keypad or send texts, ask for payment of any kind, personal documents or banking details, and they will not arrive at your home to deliver or discuss the vaccine.
A short film for people with a learning disability and their carers which describes what a vaccine is, how they are made and why you should get one:
Share's CEO, Annie McDowall shares her personal experience of COVID loss and reminds us of the importance of the vaccination programme in a short video recorded for our Christmas 2020 newsletter.
Easy read lockdown advice from Mencap
Mencap have also created a pdf easy read guide explaining all about face coverings
If you can't wear a mask and you're worried about travel please click here to download a PDF template from Keep Safe UK and cut out one of the cards to show. Each card explains a different reason why it’s ok for you to not wear a mask.
Advice for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable
How to get support if you're clinically extremely vulnerable
Guidance for households with a possible infection
General coronavirus patient advice in different languages
Advice for autistic people and their families from the National Autistic Society
guide to the COVID-19 vaccination from Public Health England
Mencap have put together easy read information about coronavirus
Easy News is the first magazine designed to be accessible for people with learning disabilities. Click here to sign up and download a coronavirus special edition
Beyond Words have just published full colour illustrations to look at the different issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic. They are all available to download as pdfs from their website:
- Beating the Virus - a short wordless story, that will help people to understand what to do if you have coronavirus and how to keep yourself and those who you care about safe
- Good Days and Bad Days During Lockdown - made up of scenes from existing Beyond Words stories looking at what makes a good day and what makes a bad day
- Jack Plans Ahead for Coronavirus: a guide for family and carers - this guide helps families and carers through the difficult conversations about planning end of life care
- When someone dies from coronavirus: a guide for families and carers - a guide for families and carers to support conversations about how to respond when somebody dies from coronavirus
* Wandsworth council coronavirus information
* Lambeth council coronavirus information
* Locally based mutual aid groups on facebook where you can get support and help:
- Battersea COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Putney Coronavirus Mutual Support Group
- Putney & Wandsworth COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Earlsfield COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Balham COVID-19 Mutual Aid Group
- Southfields COVID-19 Mutual Aid Group
- Tooting COVID-19 Mutual Aid Group
- Wandsworth Covid 19 Mutual Aid (Balham, Tooting and Clapham South areas)
* If you need help with practical things in the Battersea area you can also contact Coronavirus Angels here
*Lambeth Larder - emergency food and other support services.
* Wandsworth Foodbank
* General advice is available from Citizen's Advice Wandsworth
* Support for victims of domestic abuse during coronavirus